- WINSTANLEY HOUSE -


 Winstanley House is a Georgian, Grade II listed  wedding venue and banqueting hall with luxury hotel  rooms and restaurant, just outside of Leicester City  Centre. After a careful two year restoration and  refurbishment project, Winstanley House has been  brought back to life, opening its doors for business  in September 2017. Originally a country residence for  the Winstanley family, the House is now the perfect location for both large and intimate wedding celebrations and civil ceremonies. Upon opening in the autumn of 2017 it will boast two contemporary and elegant ballrooms, numerous meeting suites, courtyard, space for a marquee and 19 strikingly beautiful and spacious hotel rooms. The 168 acres of public parkland which surround the House lend themselves perfectly to wedding photos, with its lakes and walled garden just a short walk away..


- RESTORING HISTORY -


 The opening of an extraordinary venue with a  remarkable past will make history itself after  the multi-million pound restoration is  unlocked this year - A prominent historic local  building is due to open this year after being restored  to its former glory. The Grade 2 listed structure was  once the home of the Winstanley Family who built it  in 1775. The property has seen many births, deaths  and marriages as it was handed down through the generations and lived in through two world wars. It later became the Braunstone Hall School before becoming derelict for the last 20 years. Now, the building has become a boutique wedding, business and events venue, banqueting hall and will include a permanent exhibion of of the Winstanley family memorabillia. Naresh Parmar and son Kiran, who own The City Rooms have restored the property so that the history and tales of the stately home can once again be enjoyed by all. Once Naresh and Kiran purchased the property and permission was granted, Braunstone Hall underwent a multi-million restoration project to revamp the neglected building that holds so much local antiquity..

The new owners have renamed it Winstanley House in honour of the family who built it. Originally, the construction of the countryside residence was commissioned by Clement Winstanley, the high sherriff of leicester. He had inherited the Braunstone Estate from his father in 1770 and in 1775, Clement chose local architect and builder William Oldham, who later became lord mayor, to carry out the epic project of the five bayed, 2.5 storey manor house set in over 100 acres of rolling parkland. The Winstanley family occupied the hall for more then 150 years.. In the 18th century, the family were loved by the public and had a good reputation in the community for being honest, balanced and thoughtful in their manner and decisions that influenced the lives of the local people. The family members held important roles as leading dignitaries in the leicester corporation but their ownership of the hall came to an unfortunate end in 1918 after britains success in the first world war.

The government passed an act of parliament which aimed to make britain a land fit for heroes to live in. This ment that Richard Winstanley, the last lord of the manor, had to sell off his estate through a mandatory purchase order so vital modern housing could be built. The familys much loved home was transformed into Braunstone Hall school in 1932 until 1996 when it became unoccupied until Naresh and Kiran stepped in. But history continued to be made until this time. During the second world war, the surrounding park area became a military camping ground for british and american personnel, known as anderson shelters, of which some can still be found on the grounds today. After a careful renovation, the newly named Winstanley House has transformed into an impressive venue complete with two lavish, contemporary ballrooms, 19 boutique, luxury hotel roomsand a contemporary british steak restaurant and cocktail bar serving contemporary britsh dishes using traditional methods. With an elegant courtyyard, space for a marquee, the former Braunstone Hall has become the perfect location for large and intimate wedding celebrations and ceremonies.

The house is surrounded by 168 acres of public parkland with lakes and a walled garden just a short walk away making it a desired setting for the most romantic and fun wedding photos. The two new large function rooms catering for up to 450 and 150 guests will be equipped with state of the art audio visual and lighting equipment with the entire property being carefully designed using quality furnishing and modern amenities whilst still enhancing the traditional features. The father and son team have breathed new life into the property. Their persevering passion for restring the property to its former glory for all to enjoy and for the whole community to enjoy saw most of the restorative works completed by local tradesmen with MTE leicester, timber frame specialists, responsible for the build. The pair were motivated by the important role the Winstanley family played within the community throughout the 1700s and 1800s. The latest modifications to the grand house have played tribute to the significant events that the building has witnessed throughout its history. The City Rooms has become an iconic venue widely known for its private parties, corporate events and conferences, christenings, weddings, memorials, wakes and charity events.

Naresh and Kiran adore the arched ceillings thoughout the The City Rooms, something Winstanley House also features, which the proud owners excitedly incorporate into the city rooms branding theme giving a connectedness between the two properties. After some research, Naresh contacted Andrew Poore who is the only living relative of the Winstanleys and hopes he will attend the grand opening. Eager to unveil the striking home and all its stories, Naresh and Kiran look forward to extending an invite to you for the big reveal in September..

- Niche Magazine Issue 20, Published on May 4, 2017



The History of Braunstone Park..

The first records of Braunstone are found in the Doomsday Book of 1086..

Braunstone Hall Campaign..

An online campaign has been launched to have a Historic Hall Restored..

The History of Braunstone Hall..

Braunstone Hall was built in 1776 for the Winstanley family, lords of the manor..